June-New Mindful Month
Pay attention. It's hard to slow down and notice things in a busy world. ...
Live in the moment. Try to intentionally bring an open, accepting and discerning attention to everything you do. ...
Accept yourself. Treat yourself the way you would treat a good friend.
Courage isn’t the same for everyone. Courage can be difficult. Nonetheless, life commands it. If we avoid realities, push frightening things aside and stay silent on topics that matter, we are not embracing courage. Rather, we need to have enough passion to face reality, engage our fears, and speak about the difficult topics. Those around us and ourselves included, suffer when we let fear win.
Courage, What Does It Look Like?
- Not succeeding today, but still showing up tomorrow
- Facing a tough conversation unprejudiced
- Being willing to own your mistakes and grow from them
- Pushing fear aside and going for your goals
- Be who you are, not who others want you to be
- Step out of your comfort zone
We are starting off June: New Month Mindful with compassion. Having and showing compassion is not only healthy for you; but for everyone around you. Compassion doesn’t cost anything. It’s not always easy to have compassion, especially towards ourselves but it’s crucial to our total well-being and well-being of everyone around us.
Compassion, How Do We Show It
- Treat yourself and others with respect
- Don’t compare yourself to others and don’t judge others
- Spend time and listen to someone else’s story
- Have sympathy and understanding towards other’s realities and emotions
- Step back and see from another person’s point of view
- Listen more, talk less, my husband tells me this every day
Healthy Mindful Habits
In this New Month Mindfulness: June, we talked about some important characteristics of healthy mindfulness. I also want to go over some behaviors that go along with having healthy mindfulness overall.
- Diary - Journal Daily if possible
- Adopt a self-reflection practice
- Think positively avoiding negative self-talk
- Spend time with people that challenge your way of thinking
- Come up with a mantra to repeat weekly or daily
- Listen to motivational podcasts or videos
- Be open to challenges
- Set goals
- Frequently check-in with yourself regarding your current mindset
- Decrease the amount of time spent online
- Remove yourself from less positive situations
- Tap into your awareness
As we journey into this new month, I encourage you to try at least one or more of these healthy mindful tips. Remember, all good things take time and practice. You will never get there if you don’t begin. Baby-steps…Whether you choose to embrace more compassion towards yourself and others or you’re going to be more courageous, I wish you all the best. We all have this inside us already. You got this!